Leadership Training Initiative
The Leadership Training Initiative, which addresses climate and leadership barriers to recruitment, retention and advancement, includes the following programs/activities:
- External Mentors Program provides career-development opportunities for eligible faculty of all ranks to work with a noted expert in their discipline in a manner that would help address barriers to involvement of women and diverse faculty in all disciplines, with diversity defined in terms of an underrepresented minority status.
- External Mentor program- Pilot Extension provides additional career-development support for eligible faculty who have previously successfully participated in the External Mentor program. The goal of the Pilot Extension is to provide External Mentor award recipients (in collaboration with their mentors) the support needed to carry out pilot investigations and obtain preliminary data for external funding applications. Only faculty with prior External Mentor funding will be considered for the Pilot Extension Program.
- Leadership Training Program provides funds for proposals that have identified suitable leadership programs, training, or other opportunities expected to advance the faculty member in their leadership aspirations. This support is available to tenure-track and tenured women and diverse faculty in all disciplines.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
ADVANCE at WSU is a member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. NCFDD is an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community of over 71,000 graduate students, post-docs, and faculty members, who are dedicated to supporting academics and making successful transitions throughout their careers. With ADVANCE at WSU they offer webinars, on-campus workshops, professional development training, and intensive mentoring programs. Take part in their upcoming webinar events and their other career developing opportunities!
Other Leadership Training Opportunities
- Provost Leadership Academy
- Tidal Leadership
- Professional Development Initiative
Graduate Student Resources
Click HERE for the Leadership Program Brochure
ADVANCE at WSU Lighty Building, Room 190F P.O. Box 641061 Pullman, WA 99164-1061
509-335-9739 Contact Us
© 2016 Washington State University | Accessibility | Policies | Copyright