Grant opportunities are available in the following programs:
External Mentor Program provides career-development opportunities for faculty of all ranks to work with a noted expert in their discipline in a manner that would help address barriers to the involvement of women and historically underrepresented faculty in all disciplines. Read the program guidelines.
- External Mentors Pilot Extension Program’s goal is to provide External Mentor award recipients (in collaboration with their mentors) the support needed to carry out pilot investigations and obtain preliminary data required for external funding applications. Read the program guidelines.
- Leadership Training Program provides funds for proposals that have identified suitable leadership programs, training, or additional opportunities. This support is available to tenure-track and tenured women and historically underrepresented faculty in all disciplines. Read the program guidelines.
- Social Science Research Program provides funds for proposals aimed at generating publishable research on factors affecting the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women and historically underrepresented faculty in all disciplines. At this time, we are particularly interested in supporting research examining potential gender imbalances in the effects of COVID19 on professional productivity in academia. Read the program guidelines.
- Transitions Program provides assistance during work/life transition periods to ease stressors and to support faculty in maintaining the excellence of their work. Read the program guidelines.
- Travel Assistance Award Program is an initiative designed to support conference travel for women and historically underrepresented faculty in any discipline at WSU. Specifically, this program supports the travel of dependents required to complete scientific presentations. These funds cannot be used for faculty travel or dependent care. Read the program guidelines.
Click the button below to access the Internal Grant Application
ADVANCE at WSU Lighty Building, Room 190F P.O. Box 641061 Pullman, WA 99164-1061
509-335-9739 Contact Us
© 2016 Washington State University | Accessibility | Policies | Copyright