The Leadership Training Initiative, which addresses climate and leadership barriers to recruitment, retention and advancement, includes the following programs/activities:
- External Mentors Program provides career-development opportunities for STEM faculty of all ranks to work with a noted expert in their discipline in a manner that would help address barriers to involvement of women and underrepresented minorities in STEM disciplines.
- Department Chairs Training addresses climate and leadership barriers to recruitment, retention, and advancement of an excellent, diverse faculty.
- Emerging Leaders Training Program provides training opportunity for emerging leaders.
- ADVANCEing Institutional Transformation Workshop for all WSU academic deans, chairs, and directors, as well as invited University of Idaho STEM department deans, chairs, and directors, to learn about best practices for recruitment, retention, and advancement of an excellent, diverse faculty
ADVANCE at WSU is now a member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. NCFDD is an independant professional development, training, and mentoring community of over 71,000 graduate students, post-docs, and faculty members, who are dedicated to supporting academics and making successful transitions throughout their careers. With ADVANCE at WSU they offer webinars, on-campus workshops, professional development training, and intensive mentoring programs. Take part in their upcoming webinar events and their other career developing opportunities!
For more information see:
Other Leadership Training:
- 2015 Leadership Academy
- 2014 Leadership Academy
- Tidal Leadership
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
Graduate Student Resources:
ADVANCE at WSU Lighty Building, Room 190F P.O. Box 644820 Pullman, WA 99164 509-335-9739 Contact Us
© 2016 Washington State University | Accessibility | Policies | Copyright